Bughouse Chess Book
(Tandem-Chess / Team-Chess / Exchange-Chess / Siamese-Chess / Hungarian-Chess )
"the book has no competitor, and I cannot see one becoming likely."
John Beasley, in "Variant Chess", April 2007, page 156. Read more
250 pages, including 20 illustrations and 186 diagrams, soft cover, professionally printed and bound, in English.
ISBN 10: 3-8334-6811-4 ISBN 13: 978-3-8334-6811-7
- Some bookstores will order the book for you (write down the ISBN above).
- You can also get the book via Libri.de, a big German online bookstore.
- Another option is Chess Niggemann a chessstore with an English homepage. Search for "Bughouse chess" in the search box on the upper right.
- Larger quantities can be ordered directly from the authors (address at bottom of page). Bookstore inquiries are always welcome.
Many of the top internet (and European and US-gatherings) players contributed to create the first true bughouse book.
- Brief Introduction - Georg v. Zimmermann
- Bughouse rules made easy - Klaus Beckmann , Neph Diaz
- Strategy tips for the beginner (including games and some basic opening theory) -
Klaus Beckmann, Neph Diaz , Georg v. Zimmermann
- Essays on advanced strategy
- Climbing the bughouse ladder Yscorpion et. al.
- A attacker's perspective Jimmy J Lee
- A defender's perspective Jorge Sipaila ("Kingwalker" on Fics)
- Top Ten Ways to Tell You Have a Bad Bughouse Partner - Chris Ferrante
- Finding the right attack - Georg v. Zimmermann
- Initiative vs. material Sergiy Vasylkevych ("Fermy" on Fics)
- Choosing between different defensive strategies Maarten Aronsson ("Firefly" on Fics)
- Mating techniques Maarten Aronsson
- Advanced Essays on Openings
- 1. e4 e5 structures - Linus Olsson ("Linus0" on Fics)
- 1... e6 main structures - Jeremy Keller ("JKiller" on Fics)
- 1... Nf6 - Igor Bjelobrk ("Bugzilla" on Fics)
- My openings Yscorpion
- Annotated games Maarten Aronsson, Mark Polak, Jeremy Keller, et. al.
- Bughouse puzzles - Dusan Skaloud, Fabrice Liardet ("Nabla" on Fics), et. al.
- Stories of bughouse history and the Gatherings
- Geneva - Fabrice Liardet
- Berlin - Daniel Denes
- A US Bughouse road trip David Olson
- Bughouse on the Internet Klaus Beckmann, Georg v. Zimmermann
- Bughouse terminology explained (in multiple languages)
Download: 40+ pages preview
Download a preview (1,3MB, pdf file) of the book to see for yourself.
You can also download a flyer (70kb, pdf file) to print out and put on your chess club's bulletin board etc.
Georg v. Zimmermann
Hamburg / Germany
Further contact details can be found at our company homepage, a web developement company. We are offering services for some of the top German Internet startups. In the past some of the best ideas and concepts we have helped putting into practice came from chess players: Feel free to contact us with concepts or buisness proposals.